How to protect your children from unfiltered information (and prevent unwanted purchases)
Tying back to one of our previous posts “Should I Buy My Child a Tablet?”, many parents worry that their kids would be exposed to inappropriate content once they have access to the Internet. With the right app installed on your kid’s tablet, you can easily control what they do and see, how much time they can play with the tablet and more importantly, you will not have to worry about unwanted purchases because your children accidentally tap the “BUY” button anymore!
The Kids Place is one of the best parental control apps available which can restrict your children’s access to apps and websites and protect your personal data. It does not require any registration and is simple to set up.
1. Restrict kids’ access to apps you approved only
2. Prevent kids from buying or downloading apps
3. Set timer to lock tablet after specified amount of time
4. Support plugins which provide additional parental controls like website content and video filtering
To install Kids Place on your tablet or phone, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Play Store from your tablet or phone
2. Search for “Kids Place” and click install
3. Start Kids Place after installation completed from the application menu
4. No registration is required. You will only be prompted to set a PIN the first time you start the app. PIN is required to exit the kids’ mode.
5. From “Kids Place – Settings” page, select “Manage Apps” to approve apps. Only the selected apps will show in kid’s mode.
6. Click on “Manage Videos” and “Manage Websites” to install plug-ins for additional parental controls – Kids Safe Video Player and Safe Browser
7. From “Kids Place – Settings” page, select “Manage Apps” to approve apps. Only the selected apps will show in kid’s mode.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.